MET-Rx Pancake Mix Grilled Pizza
Two of the greatest things ever created in my life: grilling and pizza. Making your own pizza is so good for your health because you know all of the ingredients going in the dough, and you can choose your toppings without paying what pizza shops charge for them. For this recipe, I chose spinach, chicken, prosciutto and mushrooms. In my house, we like to load up our pizzas! If you are wondering if I forgot tomato sauce, the answer is “no!” Using olive oil ensures the pizza will not end up dry. This healthy fat makes the pizza savory and juicy. MET-Rx Pancake Mix works perfectly to increase the protein in this recipe along with adding a subtle sweetness to the dough.
Prep and Prepare Time: 25 minutes
– Pizza Dough
– ¼ Cup (2 Scoops) Met-Rx Pancake Mix
– 1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
– ¼ Cup Egg Whites
– ¼ Cup Mozzarella Cheese
– ¼ Cup Asiago Cheese
– 2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
– 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
– 1 Tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
– 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 3 Garlic Cloves
1. Mix all ingredients except olive oil and garlic cloves in a food processor until dough forms. If the dough does not create a ball, slowly add teaspoons of water until a dough ball forms. However, if your dough is too wet and looks a thick dip; add teaspoons of brown rice flour until you get the ball to form. 2. Grease a large piece of aluminum foil with ½ tablespoon of the olive oil on a pizza stone/serving tray.
3. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Roll until dough starts to crack around the edges and use your fingers to push edges in ¼ of an inch around the outside.
4. Chop the garlic cloves and paint the rest of the olive oil onto the flattened dough. Use a knife to spread out chopped garlic on top.
5. Add toppings of your choice, place foil and pizza on grill on medium heat and cook for 6 minutes (be sure to shut the grill to help the pizza cook evenly)
Amount Per Serving
Cake is the staple of every celebration. They are great to put candles on and sharing. Almost all cakes are packed with sugar, and the body always craves more. Creating a cake that is filling and enjoyable is very difficult to make without it becoming very dense and heavy. However, Met-Rx High Protein Pancake Mix makes it possible to create a light and fluffy masterpiece that leaves you feeling satisfied and ready to take on the world.
Prep and Prepare Time: 45 minutes
– 2 Cups (10 Scoops) Met-Rx Pancake Mix
– 1½ Cups Water
– ¾ Cup Blueberries
– ½ Cup Walnuts
– 5 Tbsp. Natural Peanut Butter
– Scoops Dymatize Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein
– ¼ Cup Egg Whites
– 1/8 Cup Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease two shallow cake pans
- Wisk together pancake mix and water (be careful not to over mix or your cake will become very dense, as opposed to light and fluffy)
- Chop walnuts into small chunks
- Fold walnuts into the batter
- Split the batter in half and pour into each cake pan
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool 15 minutes
- While the cake bakes, blend egg whites, protein and almond milk until a thick shiny icing appears
- Blend blueberries with a splash of water to create a jelly and spread on one of the cakes (be sure to spatula out the cake first)
- Flip the other cake upside down in the cake pan and spread with peanut butter
- Put peanut butter side of cake on top of the jelly just like a PB&J sandwich
- Spread icing on top and garnish if you please! (Be sure to store cake in refrigerator to keep moist)
Amount Per Serving
– Rachel Calhoun
#fitrecipe #teamSC #fitfood
The past few years many companies have picked up on the Peanut Butter craze. As of lately, Bell Plantation’s PB2 product has made the days of nasty protein shakes a past time. The versatility of powdered peanut butter are just about endless. Another player in the powdered peanut butter game as just entered, MET-Rx®.
MET-Rx® revealed their newest, and first, product of 2015, Powdered Peanut Butter (PPB). It’s as simple as the label reads. It’s contains 90% LESS calories than the traditional peanut butter. Just 3 ingredients, ground peanuts, sugar, and salt.
As any good company would do, MET-Rx® suggests using their new product in conjunction with the MET-Rx® Pancake Mix along with their protein powders. The ingredient profile breaks down to, at 2 tablespoons (12g), approximately 15 servings, 50 calories, 15 calories from Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 95mg Sodium, 4g Total Carbohydrate (1 fiber, 1 sugar), and 5g Protein.
Just like the Bell Plantation PB2 PPB, you can mix two (2) tablespoons with two (2) tablespoons of water to create a peanut butter paste/pudding like product. With a product so versatile, who knows what the average fitness cook will come up with! The MET-Rx® PPB is set to launch some time June 2015.
Have you created a master piece using powdered peanut butter? Show us what you got for a shout out on our social media pages by tagging us in your videos or pictures and using hash tag #fitcookSC.
Met-Rx has teamed up with Tough Mudder and is now an official sponsor of the events. For those of you who don’t know, the Tough Mudder is an extreme event testing ones stamina, endurance and will. They are typically 10-12 miles long and contain some of the most grueling obstacles on the planet. It is not a race against other contestants, but rather a competition with oneself. The object is to complete the course. Venues are part of the challenge and usually involve hostile environments that might include extreme heat or cold, snow, fire, mud, extreme changes in elevation, and water. If you are into testing your limits, this is the event for you!
One of the interesting things about protein powders and shakes is that they are not regulated. In fact, a lot of protein powders have been found to include traces of anabolics or prohormones which if used, can often lead to the failure of drug tests for the consumer.
However, one protein powder that is NCAA compliant and is extremely pure in terms of ingredients is Met-Rx 100% Natural Whey Protein Powder. Met-Rx 100% Natural Whey Protein offers a quality source of whey protein whilst also being 100% natural.
The protein powder offers 23 grams of protein per serving as well as 5 grams of BCAA’s; great for consuming post-workout. It is also low in sodium and goes through a specialised filtration process that lowers total cholesterol, saturated fat, lactose and carbohydrates whilst maintaining the presence of natural proteins.