There is nothing I enjoy more than oatmeal. Oatmeal anything for that matter. Its all delicious! Never have I found an oatmeal protein bar that I loved. That was until I discovered these. They taste like a cookie! HEAVEN…… The bonus is that they are so simple to make.
Time to bake:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You will need a 9×11 inch pan sprayed with cooking spray
In a small bowl mix the almond butter, protein powder and maple syrup. Beat in the eggs
Stir in the rolled oats, coconut, and baking soda and mix well.
Press the dough into the pan (it helps to use the back of the spoon)
bake for 12 minutes or until the top starts to brown slightly.
Cool on a rack and cut into 18 squares.
*Remember to store the leftovers in an airtight container
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do! Check back next week for another healthy recipe!
Most people think that Protein Powder is just something you should drink after a vigorous workout. Put it in your shaker, add your water and be on your way or add in some ice, fruit and almond milk and have it as a meal.
Sure that sounds good but did you know you can also add it to many different recipes to up your protein intake? I’m listing a few of my favorite recipes that incorporate protein powder into them. Try them out and let me know what you think! If you have a favorite please comment on it and we will try it out and see if it makes the cut here at Supplement Central!
Strawberries and Cream Protein Breakfast:
A great way to start your morning. Strawberries & Cream loaded with protein
What do I need? -1/2 cup quick rolled oats -1 cup almond milk -1/2 cup strawberries (cut up small) -1 scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder Now what? -place the milk in a saucepan, whisk in the protein and heat over medium heat until warm. Add in the oatmeal and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from stove and add in the berries. Eat, Enjoy:)
Protein Packed Quiche with a Chickpea Crust
We love a quiche. You can eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
What do I need? -1-15.5oz can chickpeas -1/4 cup whole wheat flour -1/4 cup protein powder -2 tbsp. olive oil -6 pieces turkey bacon -2 1/4 cup egg whites -1 cup milk -1 -10oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained -1 oz. crumbled blue cheese – 1/2 tsp. salt Now what? -preheat oven to 350F. grease 9 inch pie pan. pulse chickpeas, flour, protein powder & olive oil in a food processor and spread the dough evenly over the pie pan. Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes at 350G or until light golden brown. -place bacon in skillet and cook over medium heat until crispy. Remove from heat and crumble -With whisk mix together bacon, egg whites, spinach, blue cheese, milk and salt. Whisk until smooth. Pour into the pie pan and prebaked crust. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes or until set. Makes 8 servings. Nutritional info: 200 Calories, 7 grams fat, 4 fiber, 17 grams protein.
If you are anything like me then there is no way you can only eat one brownie. I LOVE them..All they chocolatey goodness…especially warm from the oven. Ok, I’m now salivating! So when I stumbled upon this recipe I figured I would give it a go. A brownie recipe that incorporates a frosting and mint chip! Double Bonus!! Although some of the ingredients don’t match up to your “typical” brownie I promise that they do not disappoint. So without further ado the Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge Protein Brownie:
What do I need: First you need to make the Protein Brownies
– 1 cup of protein powder
– 1/2 cup. cacao powder
– 1/4 cup arrowroot
– 1/4 cup coconut flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
– 1tsp. baking powder
– 1 egg
– 2 tsp. peppermint extract
– 1/2 cup applesauce
– 1/2 cup coconut nectar
– 1/2 cup hot water
–Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix together, end with adding hot water. Batter will be thick runny. Spread protein bar batter into a lightly coconut oil greased 11×7 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
– As bars cool, make up frosting. Then spread onto brownie protein bars and top with mint frosting and chocolate chips
– Cut into 16-18 slices. Store in refrigerator…if you have any leftover!
What do I need for the frosting?
– 1 large avacado – 1 1/2 bananas – 1/2 cup coconut butter -6 tbsp. coconut oil -1 tbsp. vanilla extract -1/2 tsp-1 tsp. peppermint extract – handful of spinach – 1 tbsp of water
Now what to do?
– the protein brownies should be made by now (hopefully you haven’t already ate them)! – Place fudge frosting ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy -As long as the brownies are cool then you can spread the mint fudge frosting on the top. Top with some chocolate chips if desired (of course you want to..who doesn’t want chocolate chips)! -Place the mint fudge brownies in the fridge to let the frosting set before slicing -Enjoy!
Two of the greatest things ever created in my life: grilling and pizza. Making your own pizza is so good for your health because you know all of the ingredients going in the dough, and you can choose your toppings without paying what pizza shops charge for them. For this recipe, I chose spinach, chicken, prosciutto and mushrooms. In my house, we like to load up our pizzas! If you are wondering if I forgot tomato sauce, the answer is “no!” Using olive oil ensures the pizza will not end up dry. This healthy fat makes the pizza savory and juicy. MET-Rx Pancake Mix works perfectly to increase the protein in this recipe along with adding a subtle sweetness to the dough.
1. Mix all ingredients except olive oil and garlic cloves in a food processor until dough forms. If the dough does not create a ball, slowly add teaspoons of water until a dough ball forms. However, if your dough is too wet and looks a thick dip; add teaspoons of brown rice flour until you get the ball to form. 2. Grease a large piece of aluminum foil with ½ tablespoon of the olive oil on a pizza stone/serving tray. 3. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Roll until dough starts to crack around the edges and use your fingers to push edges in ¼ of an inch around the outside. 4. Chop the garlic cloves and paint the rest of the olive oil onto the flattened dough. Use a knife to spread out chopped garlic on top. 5. Add toppings of your choice, place foil and pizza on grill on medium heat and cook for 6 minutes (be sure to shut the grill to help the pizza cook evenly)
Two of my favorite things; Strawberries and bananas. Put them together with some oats and you have a healthy and easy overnight recipe.
STRAWBERRY AND BANANA OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE
Makes 10-12 servings; 15 minute prep time
> 3 cups steel cut oats > 1/3 cup chia seeds > 1/2 cup chopped walnuts > 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut > 10 oz fresh or frozen strawberries > 2 ripe bananas > 2 tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup > 4 cups almond milk
In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients and then set aside. In a blender combine the strawberries and bananas and blend until liquefied.
Add the fruit mixture, milk and syrup to the dried ingredients and mix together. Cover the mixture and place it in the refrigerator overnight. Serve the next morning with extra nuts or fruit.
They will stay in fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Hope you enjoy! 🙂
† This price is the retail price for this product found at one or more retail web sites in the last 30 days. This price may not include shipping cost, tax, sale or promotional prices, or discounts. Prices may change. This price is verified every 30 days.