MET-Rx Pancake Mix Grilled Pizza
Two of the greatest things ever created in my life: grilling and pizza. Making your own pizza is so good for your health because you know all of the ingredients going in the dough, and you can choose your toppings without paying what pizza shops charge for them. For this recipe, I chose spinach, chicken, prosciutto and mushrooms. In my house, we like to load up our pizzas! If you are wondering if I forgot tomato sauce, the answer is “no!” Using olive oil ensures the pizza will not end up dry. This healthy fat makes the pizza savory and juicy. MET-Rx Pancake Mix works perfectly to increase the protein in this recipe along with adding a subtle sweetness to the dough.
Prep and Prepare Time: 25 minutes
– Pizza Dough
– ¼ Cup (2 Scoops) Met-Rx Pancake Mix
– 1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
– ¼ Cup Egg Whites
– ¼ Cup Mozzarella Cheese
– ¼ Cup Asiago Cheese
– 2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
– 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
– 1 Tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
– 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 3 Garlic Cloves
1. Mix all ingredients except olive oil and garlic cloves in a food processor until dough forms. If the dough does not create a ball, slowly add teaspoons of water until a dough ball forms. However, if your dough is too wet and looks a thick dip; add teaspoons of brown rice flour until you get the ball to form. 2. Grease a large piece of aluminum foil with ½ tablespoon of the olive oil on a pizza stone/serving tray.
3. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Roll until dough starts to crack around the edges and use your fingers to push edges in ¼ of an inch around the outside.
4. Chop the garlic cloves and paint the rest of the olive oil onto the flattened dough. Use a knife to spread out chopped garlic on top.
5. Add toppings of your choice, place foil and pizza on grill on medium heat and cook for 6 minutes (be sure to shut the grill to help the pizza cook evenly)
Amount Per Serving