If you are anything like me then there is no way you can only eat one brownie. I LOVE them..All they chocolatey goodness…especially warm from the oven. Ok, I’m now salivating! So when I stumbled upon this recipe I figured I would give it a go. A brownie recipe that incorporates a frosting and mint chip! Double Bonus!! Although some of the ingredients don’t match up to your “typical” brownie I promise that they do not disappoint. So without further ado the Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge Protein Brownie:
What do I need: First you need to make the Protein Brownies
– 1 cup of protein powder
– 1/2 cup. cacao powder
– 1/4 cup arrowroot
– 1/4 cup coconut flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
– 1tsp. baking powder
– 1 egg
– 2 tsp. peppermint extract
– 1/2 cup applesauce
– 1/2 cup coconut nectar
– 1/2 cup hot water
–Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix together, end with adding hot water. Batter will be thick runny. Spread protein bar batter into a lightly coconut oil greased 11×7 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
– As bars cool, make up frosting. Then spread onto brownie protein bars and top with mint frosting and chocolate chips
– Cut into 16-18 slices. Store in refrigerator…if you have any leftover!
What do I need for the frosting?
– 1 large avacado
– 1 1/2 bananas
– 1/2 cup coconut butter
-6 tbsp. coconut oil
-1 tbsp. vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp-1 tsp. peppermint extract
– handful of spinach
– 1 tbsp of water
Now what to do?
– the protein brownies should be made by now (hopefully you haven’t already ate them)!
– Place fudge frosting ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy
-As long as the brownies are cool then you can spread the mint fudge frosting on the top. Top with some chocolate chips if desired (of course you want to..who doesn’t want chocolate chips)!
-Place the mint fudge brownies in the fridge to let the frosting set before slicing